Storage and Distribution Managers
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 4.8%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)