Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.6%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)