Product Safety Engineers
- Investigate causes of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product usage in order to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence.
- Evaluate potential health hazards or damage that could occur from product misuse.
- Participate in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions.
- Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
- Report accident investigation findings.
- Conduct research to evaluate safety levels for products.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.7%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)