Core Tasks Include:
- Design complete hull and superstructure according to specifications and test data, in conformity with standards of safety, efficiency, and economy.
- Design layout of craft interior, including cargo space, passenger compartments, ladder wells, and elevators.
- Study design proposals and specifications to establish basic characteristics of craft, such as size, weight, speed, propulsion, displacement, and draft.
- Confer with marine engineering personnel to establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery, heating and ventilating systems, refrigeration equipment, piping, and other functional equipment.
- Evaluate performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes and conformance with national and international standards.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Oversee construction and testing of prototype in model basin and develop sectional and waterline curves of hull to establish center of gravity, ideal hull form, and buoyancy and stability data.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.