Core Tasks Include:
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™ 16.0.