Career Book List: Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- If You Were a Writer by Joan Lowery Nixon
Melia wants to be a writer just like her mom, but she’s not exactly sure what a writer does. She sees her mom staring at the typewriter and then she sees her opening up boxes of books. But what comes in between? With some help from her mom, Melia begins to learn the tools of the trade.
- I Spy Shapes In Art by Lucy Micklethwait
This colorful storybook features a wide variety of artists from around the world, including Georgia O'Keeffe, Henri Matisse, and M.C. Escher. This picture book pairs an “I Spy” game with art, making it the perfect way to introduce fine art to children.
- The Berenstain Bears - Draw It! by Stan Berenstain
In this colorful storybook, Brother and Sister Bear learn to draw many different things around them. Every young reader is an artist in this book’s “Do It” section, where they are provided with the opportunity to draw the Bears and other great stuff from Bear Country.
- DK Readers: Jobs People Do -- A Day in a Life of a TV Reporter (Level 1: Beginning to Read) by Linda Hayward
In this captivating illustrated storybook, young readers are given a chance to witness a day in the life of a TV Reporter, and learn just what goes into the job that they do.
- Discovering Great Artists: Hands-On Art for Children in the Styles of the Great Masters by MaryAnn F. Kohl
Featuring more than 150 activities, this guide teaches the styles, works, and techniques of the great masters—Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, and more.
- What Do Illustrators Do? by Eileen Christelow
This educational book shows readers how an illustrator develops a book from rough sketches to finished artwork, following two artists as they illustrate different versions of "Jack and the Beanstalk."
- The Daring Nellie Bly: America’s Star Reporter by Bonnie Christensen
Born in 1864, during a time in which options were extremely limited for women, Nellie Bly defied all expectations and became a famous newspaper correspondent. This captivating book, educates readers on the story of Nellie Bly and how she became one of the first female TV Reporters.
- The Berenstain Bears and the School Scandal Sheet by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
The Bear cubs learn about freedom of the press--and responsibility--when they create an underground school newspaper.
- Art for Kids: Drawing: The Only Drawing Book You'll Ever Need to Be the Artist
You've Always Wanted to Be by Kathryn Temple
With this imaginative, informative, and amply illustrated guide to drawing, it's amazingly easy for kids to make those art dreams come true.
- Frank Lloyd Wright for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 21 Activites (For Kids series) by Kathleen Thorne-Thomsen
Stimulating projects enable kids to grasp the ideas underlying Wright's work.
- Careers in Computer Graphics & Animation (Gardner's Guide Series) by Garth Gardner
This informative book offers extensive, up-to-date information for those planning a career in Computer Graphics. Readers will find out about daily duties, educational needs, salary and resources for further exploration into the areas of specialty.
- Sound Engineer (Cool Careers in Science) by Patricia Freeland
This book describes the tasks and expectations of sound engineers in many different areas, including music, movies, television, and sports.
- Career Ideas for Teens in the Arts and Communications by Diane Lindsey Reeves, Gail Karlitz, and Don Rauf
This informative book profiles 36 jobs in the field of Arts and Communications, which span across many different industries.
- Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Music and Dance by Diane Lindsey Reeves
This informative book profiles many different jobs in the field of Music and Dance, including Arts Administrator, Booking Agent, Choir Director, Composer, Costume Designer, Dance Instructor, Dancer, Disc Jockey, Grips, Gaffes, and Lighting Technicians, Music Teacher, Music Therapist, Music Video Producer, Recording Executive, and Sound Engineer.
- Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Art by Diane Lindsey Reeves and Lindsey Clasen
This informative book profiles many different jobs in the field of Art, including Actor Animator, Architect Artist, Chef Choreographer, Cosmetologist, Development Director, Fashion Designer, Floral Designer, Graphic Designer, Industrial Designer, Interior Designer, Museum Curator, and Photojournalist.
Login to Save.