- VIEW and the new Academic and Career Plan Portfolio (ACPP)
Offered on October 14th, 21st, & 28th 2020 - Virginia Career VIEW in partnership with the Virginia Department of Education has created a system for K-7 students to access through google school accounts to provide an electronic portfolio that keeps track of completed Virginia Career VIEW activities meeting the criteria for the ACPP. This workshop will guide teachers, counselors, and administrators on implementing the portfolio, tracking student progress, and working with students to maintain the portfolio. Other features will be discussed regarding placing content into student portfolios and a grade level form to record group activities will be presented. Finally meet all of those ACPP criteria electronically! The accounts can only be accessed if students have a google school account.
- High School ... We're Back!
Offered on October 14th & 21st 2020 - If you missed last year's debut of the new High School section of the VA Career VIEW site, here is your opportunity to learn about this newly designed career development section for grades 9-12. Virginia Career VIEW's high school resources are back and better than ever! Discover how to navigate our grades 9-12 new website to access career assessments and identify resources that meet college and career planning goals. Resources correspond to Virginia School Counseling Standards and the Profile of a Graduate. Learn how to access tools that support multiple paths toward college and career readiness including opportunities for internships, externships, and credentialing. 9-12 focused.
- New to VIEW
Offered on October 9th, 13th & 20th 2020 - This workshop is designed for those who have never accessed the Virginia Career VIEW site and/or if you want a refresher on all of the features the site has to offer for grades K-12. Participants will be introduced to the website, features for each grade level, professional resources, toolkits and more that promote career development while meeting all of the Virginia Counseling Standards regarding Career Development.
- Lesson Plans and Lattes
Offered on October 22nd, 29th & November 4 2020 - Join us for a latte and career lessons! In this session, we will share ready-to-use career lesson plans for grades K-8! Whether you are working with students virtually or in-person, these lesson plans combine VIEW resources, web resources, videos, activities, games, and more. Bring your own latte!
- Lunch and Learn: Reimagine VIEW
Offered on October 22nd, 29th & November 4 2020 - Learn new tips and tricks to best use the Virginia Career VIEW website and our resources. Discover creative ways to maximize career exposure for students and parents through social media, email, virtual learning, in-person learning, and more! Enjoy your lunch at home or in the office while learning exciting ways to make access to career development easier than ever!
Fall 2020 Virtual 2020 Workshops Series
Workshops will be offered virtually via Zoom
- In accordance with Virginia's Licensure Renewal Manual, p. 11, we will provide 4 hours of training during this Professional Conference.
- Participants will earn 5 professional development points for completing 4 hours of training. To meet this requirement, you must sign up for at least two sessions, as each session is 2-hours in length.
- Partial credit will not be available
- Some sessions may fill up faster than others
- Sessions apply to K-5, K-8, K-12, or 9-12
- Cost: Free
- Workshops will be held virtually using the Zoom platform
- Workshop materials will only be shared electronically on VIEW's website
- Registering online:
- After registering for a workshop an initial email confirmation will be sent
- Approximately one week prior to the workshop a reminder email will be sent including
- Zoom Meeting ID
- Zoom Meeting Password
- Participants must participate in at least two sessions to receive professional development points. A certificate of completion will be mailed to participants only after the participant has participated in at least two sessions. Partial credit will not be given.
Fall 2020 Virtual Workshops
View the Fall 2020 Virtual Workshop Schedule and Register Online.
- Fall 2020 Virtual Workshop Flier
- Print this flier to give others workshop information
- Send this flier as a pdf attachment to others
- Post this flier as a pdf on a website
- Note: registration is online only
- Workshop Materials
- VIEW workshop materials for each session - to be posted at the start of workshop season
- Print or send electronic copies of workshop materials
- View / Change Workshop Information
Cancel or change workshop.
- View or modify existing user account
- Change Password
- Update Contact Information
- Request an Outreach
Request a Virginia Career VIEW Outreach Coordinator for an on-site event,
meeting, or training
Virginia Career VIEW Information Line 1-800-542-5870
( Only within the state of Virginia )
( Only within the state of Virginia )